Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Memento

Full, View One

Rosette
Wood, fabric, and gold paint
2.5 inches x 1.5 inches

Full, View Two

In Full

Statement

The memento reflects on a specific memory spent with my grandmother. She gifted me a gold ring for my high school graduation, which in itself, also reminded me of a pillowcase she made for me when I was four years old. I used fabric from the very same pillowcase that she made, and formed it into a rose, since that was her favorite flower. The gold circle and grooves in the wood represent the ring, and the time spent with her. The blue of the fabric also represents the blue of the ring box gifted to me.


In-Process, View One

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Park Sculpture

Full , View One Logger's Run Foam board, cardboard, metallic gold paint, and acrylic paint ( GOLDEN Colors Paint: Primary Cyan, Primary ...